Gadget: UP 24 BY Jawbone Activity Tracker – Medium – Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer) [Buy It]
In this session, we’ve opened a Fitness Tracker to see what is going on under the hood and what all sensors are used and how.
* Disclaimer: As LEC project works with daily used common electronic equipments, which requires real tools to engage, so it is important to have an adult work on the equipment and use all the precautionary measures to stay safe.
** Preferred Toolkit: Generic Tools to open household items; If looking for one, Amazon has one “Cartman Orange 39-Piece Tool Set – General Household Hand Tool Kit with Plastic Toolbox Storage Case”;[Buy It] **
Expected Discovery Time: 1 Hour
Solution Video: [Video HERE]
*Instruction for parents*
So, as a parent you have 4 options:
- The Discoverer: Use the “gadget link” to buy and open the gadget with your little engineers and friends. On Sunday, cross check with our published video.
- The Informed: Watch the “gadget video” prior to opening the gadget with your little engineers and friends, and add adding your flavor on ours.
- The Artist: Ask your little engineers to hack the gadget(give them 1 hour or so to work on gadgets) and ask them to come-up with their understanding of the gadget. Cross check their understanding with our version (via our public video) or your version.
- The Professional: Watch our video and/or other publicly available youtube video around the gadget and use the captured knowledge to have a fabulous session with your little engineer and friends.
FOR BEST LEARNING: GET 2-3 LITTLE ENGINEERS IN TEAM TO PERFORM THESE EXPERIMENTS TOGETHER LEAD BY AN ADULT TO SUPERVISE OR CONDUCT SUCH EXPERIMENTS
We are also on a lookout for best tutorial video for our suggested gadget, if you are recording your session, do share your work and we’ll be happy to share it via our community channels.
(These are safety measures that our team follows to stay safe while conducting the experiment!)
Never lean on workbench
Always use safety gears
Always work on a workbench
Whenever in doubt, always pick the safer side
Always have a supervising adult to conduct the study
Always stay at a safe distance from work bench and toolkit
Always keep your hand, head and any body part away from workbench if tools are being used
Read product safety manual and toolkit safety manual to understand safety measures required
By Performing these experiments you confirm your acceptance to our legal disclaimer policy.